Sunday, December 27, 2009

Wandering into wonderland

Hello friends, I am back after an unintentionally long break. It seems my mind is not able to come up with any logical, coherent thoughts. Rather than wait any further, I thought it best to present my somewhat incoherent thoughts.

I wonder..why?

I asked myself quite a few questions, but could find answers only for a few,
For the rest, my search for an answer will continue

I wondered if I am managing my expenses well,
I decided to make a few excel templates which will have the right story to tell

I wondered why my bank balance graph has taken a big dip,
I realized that over my expenses, I have starting losing the grip

I wondered why in spite of all this spending, my lifestyle remained the same mostly
I realized that just the maintenance of an existing lifestyle itself has become costly

I wonder wherewould I be in the coming years? But I don’t think the answer is anywhere near
I wonder where I want to be next year…but the answer is still unclear

I wonder if I have taken control of life or life has taken control of me!
At present I feel it is more of the latter,
Unless I wake up and start making the moves that matter

I wonder why I feel as thought I am staring into a deep black hole,
I realize that staying indoors for three days of the long weekend has taken its toll!

There are a few lessons that I learnt from this self introspective exercise. But the most important lesson was that, staying alone at home for longer periods can be injurious to my mental balance! Going to office after the long weekend seems to be a welcome change. At least I get to escape the difficult questions that my idle mind seems to come up with.

In order to avoid any further attempts at self introspection, I have decided to keep myself out of home during the next weekend.

PS:
I also start to wonder why I have this compulsive need to write lines that rhyme,
I just hope, this habit will soon die with time!!

7 comments:

  1. I like the rhymes. Especially this one. :)

    And being alone on festivals and special occassions does make one very introspective. I have that experience too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why the hell did you stay indoors for the long weekend?
    I hope next week's outing will put your self introspection to an end :D :D..

    Well, honestly most of it makes sense.. What is on my mind these days, is on your blog! Good way to go bro !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The romance always lies in concealing ...hiding selectively..why wrap a gift...why does a girl opt for a skirt..conceal! some things are just not meant to be held in the public glare and are best kept under wraps...your ramblings and questions about dipping bank balances to the introspective conundrums....lies in a similar domain! Conceal! Like the fox in Alice in Wonderland would have said...Lie low and say nuffin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely written Karthik...liked the rhyming......

    It sounds quite familiar for i guess we all go through this at some point in time or the other....Would be great though in case we somehow learn to hv fun, while letting life take control of the remote..."If i have taken control of life or life has taken control of me", beautifully captured thought indeed.....!!!!!

    Keep writing....:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,

    It's called the quarter-life crisis. Hang in there...and you can soon meet mid-life!!!

    Just kidding... good writing though. Enjoyed it.

    Have a great year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @G: Good to see ur comment :). Yeah its a dangerous bug...catches you indoors most of the time :D

    @Karthik: Mabbe ur right. But i chose to stay indoors to set things right, but never realized that they can become hazier. Am better off this weekend

    @Aman: Chose not to conceal so that atleast you dont try this out. Its more of a warning to ppl who plan to try out something similar

    @Shubha: Use the remote to choose the right channel..well said :)

    @Reema: Cant wait to meet midlife ;)..at present just waiting to tide over qlc!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh i can understand the reason for such an outburst.....
    like cream dripping off from the layer of thin crust...
    Try and Wash out ur grey cells with time...
    For its not the rhyme, but them, who will commit the crime....
    :)

    ReplyDelete